185 Maple St.
Sometown, CT 55555
Home: (860) 555-5555
Polished, professional customer service rep offering:
- Eight years of experience providing customer support in busy call center environments for public utility and insurance industry employers.
- An unwavering commitment to customer service, with the ability to build productive relationships, resolve complex issues and win customer loyalty.
- Strategic-relationship/partnership-building skills — listen attentively, solve problems creatively, and use tact and diplomacy to find common ground and achieve win-win outcomes.
Customer Service Representative
5/2005-Present, ABC Utility Company, Hartford, CT
Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests. Calm angry callers, repair trust, locate resources for problem resolution and design best-option solutions. Interface daily with internal partners in accounting, field services, new business, operations and consumer affairs divisions.
- Managed a high-volume workload within a deadline-driven environment. Resolved an average of 550 inquiries in any given week and consistently met performance benchmarks in all areas (speed, accuracy, volume).
- Became the lead “go-to” person for new reps and particularly challenging calls as one of the company’s primary mentors/trainers of both new and established employees.
- Helped company attain the highest customer service ratings (as determined by external auditors) — earned 100% marks in all categories including communication skills, listening skills, problem resolution and politeness.
- Officially commended for initiative, enthusiasm, tenacity, persuasiveness, intense customer focus and dependability in performance evaluations.
- Completed voluntary customer service training to learn ways to enhance customer satisfaction and improve productivity.
Customer Service Agent
2/2001-5/2005, DEF Insurance Company, Hartford, CT
Handled incoming calls from policyholders, responding to inquiries, resolving problems and correcting policy errors. Provided quotes and executed online policy changes for auto, home and excess liability. Used consultative selling techniques to provide leads for telesales personnel.
- Recognized as “#1 Customer Service Rep” (out of 20 reps in division) in Fall 2004. Ranking was based on accuracy, customer service, duration of calls and availability.
- Co-developed on-the-job training program that reduced training time from eight weeks to five.
- Contributed to an 8% sales increase in 2004 by improving lead-generation and sales-tracking techniques.
4/2001-6/2001, ActionStudies Customer Service Skills Training, Hartford, CT
Completed five 4-hour modules of customer service training. Topics included how to:
- Greet transfer and hold calls
- Build rapport, listen, clarify and manage conversational flow
- Manage upset customers, conflicts and challenging situations
- Deliver outstanding service, exceed expectations and build long-term loyalty
- Work in teams and in a self-directed environment
9/1996-6/2000, XYZ High School, Hartford, CT
|Skill Name||Skill Level||Last Used/Experience|
|Customer Service||Expert||Currently used/8 years|
|Call Center Service Operations||Expert||Currently used/8 years|
|Complaint Handling/Dispute Resolution||Expert||Currently used/8 years|
|Sales Lead Generation||Expert||Currently used/8 years|
|Data Entry/Records Management||Expert||Currently used/8 years|
|Multiline Phone Use||Expert||Currently used/8 years|
|MS Word, Excel and Access||Intermediate||Currently used/6 years|
- Willing to relocate
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time